Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Melbourne Day 2 - Gaol, TMNT and seagulls

Our daily sleeping routine began as we slept at 2/3 am and woke up at 7/8 am for the next 4 nights. Or rather, mornings. Roamed around Lygon Street with my puffy eyes and blurry head. Greeted by a possum at the garden.

It said hello.

I somehow love the way Lygon Street is laid out. The resraurants and cafes are just so uniquely lined up, and I like how busy and quiet they are at the same time!

Almost towards the end of Lygon St nests a breakfast/brunch place called La Miel et la Lune. The cafe serves a unique menu where you can find the Korean deokbukki (rice cake) and a Big Breakfast alongside each other.

Big breakfast with perfectly poached eggs.

One of my favourite breakfasts, sweet corn fritters with crushed avocado, sour cream & tomato relish. I just love the contrast of flavours on one plate!

Visited the free part of the Old Melbourne Gaol. It's actually a hang out spot for the RMIT uni students I guess? It is open to public, we didn't trespass hehe

Enjoying the fake grass, soaking in Vitamin D

Let the city walks continue

Dropped by Hosier Lane to enjoy art on public walls.

My favourite turtles

Furry friend and I having the same shades of fur HAHAHA

My face =_____=
We used to joke that one of my uncle looks like Mr. Magoo. Well, I can't believe I met him in Melbourne.

This is Melbourne summed up in a pic - the iconic Flinders Street Station, trams, skyscrapers and busy streets.

Rode on the road for another 45 minutes or so, arrived at a town called Cowes in Philip Island. Roamed around the town, which was a little bit too small. We were hungry. Ordered some fish & chips for takeaway and two slices of the yummiest cakes! (forgot to take pictures of the cake because we were too hungry!)

Walked down to the esplanade to have our late lunch. Unfortunately, we had guests. SEAGULLS. Intruded our privacy and demanded for food by prying on the things we set down on the table. These birds. We decided not to have the fish and chips, and quickly ate the cakes.

After that we got up from our seats, to leave. Three of us agreed to have the fish & chips somewhere 'safer'.

The seagulls were furious.

They started making loud barks or chirps or squeaks, whatever you call them. And started flying around us, in a VERY scary way. We decided that it is best to run.

We got out safe, and so did our food.

Settled down on a table a bit further away from the sea, praying that the seagulls won't find us. But we were wrong. One of them came, and he led out a loud call to the rest.

Many were staring at us again.

Staring. Staring. More staring.

God was on our side. A car drove past us, the seagulls flew away in fear. None came back after that.

This picture was taken before we started having our food. Imagine this empty field occupied by a flock of seagulls. Would be a fantastic picture, but I was too worried about my food, and my camera.

Seagulls are one of the highlights of the trip I must say.

The penguins on Philip Island were adorableeeeeeee! We weren't allowed to take pictures once are on the platform, but it was definitely a nice tour and experience!

It's amazing how we are all created differently. Like how seagulls enjoy being annoying, how cute the penguins are when they wobble back into their nests, stopping for breath after 7 tiny steps; and how we humans love to enjoy the simplicity of being a part of this nature.

No comments: