Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Abdate: Easter abroad

This Easter was my first overseas. Lent season was really different compared to back home. Usually at this season I would be busy preparing Easter performances, gathering egg shells for egg paintings, folding palm crosses and stuff. I did none of that here, but I still felt God's love filling me every day.

It was the first Good Friday that I actually realized how precious God's love for us is. How He sent his only son to die for us, to save us from sin. Jesus did not do it because He had to, He did it because He wanted to. Out of love. That's what I learnt this Easter. Once in CF a senior in high school told me that God's love cannot be measured. She used a metaphor of a human dying for a small ant. Who would die for an ant, right?

But Jesus did exactly that. He sacrificed Himself to save us all.

I hope everyone felt loved this Easter!!

Instead of painting eggs and hunting for the Easter bunny (do they do this?), I went for a morning cycle with a friend of mine who also owns a bike, Sing Hoe. This guy is crazy he brought his bike all the way from KL -.- I didn't know where to cycle to so I just randomly Googled for bike trails in Adelaide, then decided to cycle towards West Beach. It's only 4km from my place btw hehehe great way to test out the second hand bike that I bought.

Riding in Adelaide is pretty safe. Most of the main roads have bike roads and the scenery is just wonderful!

West Beach

Bike & foot path for everyone to enjoy the coastline! Many people jogging and cycling early on a Sunday morning. I feel so healthy being one of them hahaha


#cyclingfashionfail do forgive me. These are the only sportswear I brought over hehe


On the bike trail map I saw that we have to pass by a bike rental area to arrive West Beach point (I have no idea where it is) so we cycled a bit more towards the West, along the path. Later on we passed by a caravan park, which on the map looked very far! Yep so we decided to continue till the end since we are already there... 


and then where did we end up?

Glenelg!!!!

spot the moon

I am not kidding. Never in my life would I believe that I'd cycle to Glenelg as a rookie cyclist. Let alone on the first round riding. When I bought the bike from a very nice lady I jokingly told her 'See you in Glenelg in a few months' hahaha manatau I actually cycled there that weekend.

Here's my bike! It's a second hand Giant hybrid.. pretty rusty but still in good shape. Bought it with my first paycheck of the week! My red helmet is AUD$35 from a sports mart!

Oh yeah. I got a job as a waitress/slave in a Korean bbq restaurant. Reason I call myself a slave is because we do a lot of dishwashing and dishdrying. It's a pretty tiring job but it is quite fun. First paycheck went to the bike and accessories! So I guess hard work pays off? 

Rode back after taking some photos lalala Decided to ride back via Anzac highway



High tech public toilet. After the door locks, music starts and you can do your business to the groove. Okay, sounds super gross HAHAHA

So while riding back I actually fell off the bike. Nope, this is not abnormal. If an average person trips/falls down at least 3 times a year, then I might double or triple that *touchwood* The front wheel of my bike went into the grove of the tram line (which I didn't notice at all) and the next thing I know I was on the road =____= My bike was 1m in front of me, pedestrians in shock, me in total blur.

Happened too quick I don't even know what happened hahaha

Ended up with a big patch of graze/cut/scratch on my left knee. Exact same spot where I got my volleyball scar. Now it is replaced with this bigger patch of blood. it still hurts a bit today, but terribly annoying because it's at the bend of the knee!!! I can't sit and stand and squat naturally :(

Hopefully it doesn't leave a scar or else I would be @#$%^&*()#$%^&

Two days prior to the tumble (very embarassing, come to think of it now. ugggh), other bruises start to surface. Congratulations to me. Haven't had many bruises since I came to Adelaide so I guess this is payback time. Right now I have a few patches of black/blue/greens on my right calf and left shoulder. I honestly have no idea how I fell. Must be adrenaline at that time. TOO HIGH TOO HIGH.


So that's my Easter! Went for the young adults service at 5pm and had hot cross buns after that hehehe


No comments: