Sunday, June 3, 2012

Youth Beach Party

Guess what time of the day did we, the 'young people' of our church go to the beach to have some fun?

8.30AM.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Did you see wrong ah? Try read again
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
EIGHT THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!

Honestly I was shocked when I found out about the time -.- I was supposed to coordinate everything and all but I got so caught up with the first week of school I totally forgot about it. Sorry! But I did plan some stuff lah last minute and I wanted it to be at 2-5pm, which is the 'normal' time for a beach party. For youngsters like us. I have never ever been to a beach party in the morning trust me!!

Okay so yeah. In the morning it is! Got up at like 6.30am (and it's a Saturday + we are having school break now O_____O) and went down to the beach just to 'reserve' space. Yeah beach also need to reserve one because you know Sabahans love their beach a lot and like to spend a lot of time there. So in order to get a good spot, Nick and I went early loh to get a nice and shady place. Good thing it rained yesterday night so I think many people didn't dare to go early. Afraid that it might rain. But I prayed hahaha so I didn't worry (:

First thing I saw when I arrived the beach was that it was high tide season ='( Argh. The sand part of the beach was so little it's so sad!! Like 90% of the beach was sea water and 10% sand (yep. please imagine) AAHH NEVERMIND. Have to compromise during games time because most of the games require running, but then the weather was really good. It was really windy and not really hot. YOU KNOW SABAH HAS BEEN BLAZING HOT LATELY I CAN'T EVEN. So it's good that it wasn't hot! YAY!

So at around 8am the youths started to roll in! Said an opening prayer, sang a song, and then it was games time!!

Youths sleepily walking towards the beach lmao

The first game we played was a game that I came up with. Nolah I cheated haha it was a game that I played back in 2008 when I joined GCC's children beach party. Can you believe that I actually have such good memory? Yup when it comes to lame stuff like this I can remember but when it comes to studying not so much.

The game requires teams to fill up a plastic soda bottle (the 1.5 litre ones) with sea water, by using a straw. So each person is given a straw and they have to run to the sea, get some water, run back to base and fill up the bottle? Sounds easy? YES. Sad part was that it was high tide so they had advantage because they need not run so far to get water. So they didn't really get tired as fast as I did in 2008 hahaha Oh yeah, I didn't cut holes in the straws (I was supposed to it was part of the game!!) because I was lazy! hahahaha


They probably thought it was a lame game but aiyah, it's a warm up because everyone was sleepy, trust me I know. No need to thank me for the morning exercise (perasan much)

Collecting water using straws O____O

From the picture above you can see that the weather is not hot at all. IT WAS COLD OKAY. The wind was so strong honestly I have never gone to the beach at such kind of weather. Normally when I'm at the beach I couldn't even keep my eyes open properly because the sun is blazing bright.

Filling up the bottles

Almost there...

The next game was requested by one of the youths - Elaine. HAHAHA Due to the lack of 'sand space' we could only form teams of 2 instead of 4 TT_____TT but it was still fun lah. It's the easiest and yet the hardest game to play. Easy because you only have to spin 10 rounds with your body bent + head facing down and then run to the opposite group. Hard because you cannot walk in a straight line after spinning. HAHAHAHA


That's Elaine! The one in green squatting down because she was too dizzy to stand up and run. HAHAHA

Crystal who stopped to make sure the ground wasn't wobbling


See you can't walk straight HAHAHAHA

HAHAHA epic oh
Those after running still dizzy, and laughing at the other youths

I WAS LAUGHING THE WHOLE TIME. And my life was threatened lol why? I was standing nearby taking pictures and a few actually banged into me because they were too dizzy LOL I was trying to avoid them but we still end up colliding -.- They probably wanted to bang me on purpose because I was laughing really hard. You try watch and see lah you laugh or not it was soooooo funny!!

Sleepy Sam who came late because he couldn't wake up -.-
Next game conducted by Mr. Han

If I'm not mistaken, the game is called 'tapak'. It's something which my mom played when she was younger. Argh. One team has to stand at the lines while the other team has to pass through the 'tapak' (game base) without getting tagged by the ones standing on the line. Okay I suck at explaining... nevermind. No one wants to know anyways *sulk


Last game before brunch was TUG OF WAR!!!! I joined in because I wanted to. HAHAHA Now I regret because my right arm hurts.

Team who always win




Wow? Picking a fight?
Ameh... defeated in the end...
Big bird has super strength?

WALAO. Me cannot lah.

After tug of war everyone went into the sea for a dip, and then they came up to have their share of food.




Went home at around, 11.30am (:


And that's the end.

Check out my post on the youth beach party we had back in 2009!

1 comment:

Alysasasasasa said...

BAHAHAHAHA I read the old post of 2009 oredi =D funnier than current post XD because of Adele poses hahha...David Hasselhoff? seriously XD